San Antonio Women’s Rehab, an Adult and Teen Challenge treatment center in San Antonio,TX, understands that you need to find help for your loved one who is caught up in substance abuse and we want to help! We are a low cost drug and alcohol addiction treatment center with separate residential home locations for men and women.
We know facing life-controlling problems such as drug and alcohol abuse are incredibly difficult. That’s why our proven residential rehabilitation program helps struggling women (18+ yrs. old) become established in society through holistic recovery, mentoring, education, and job training.
Give us a call, 210-319-1325 to learn more about how San Antonio Women’s Rehab ATC TX helps adult women caught up in substance abuse find hope, and a new life!
Let’s Talk…Tips on How to Begin
It’s not easy to confront someone regarding their addiction…
1) Keep your best motives in mind. When we feel upset, we become angry or fearful, and as a result our motives change. Without realizing it, we begin to focus on punishing, being right, or keeping the peace rather than healthy problem solving. Before talking to your loved one about drugs, pause for a moment and ask the focusing question: What do I really want? This pause can help you get your motives in check and move from simply “keeping the peace” through silence to being a powerful influence on the person you’re trying to reach.
2) Confront with facts, not judgements. When you present the facts, you obligate the person to respond to the information. When you use judgments or accusatory language, it appears you intend simply to humiliate or punish, and they feel no obligation to engage in the conversation. For instance, if you’re talking to a teenager, replace, “You’re a liar, and I won’t stand for this,” with “I’ve noticed the spray cans of air freshener I bought for the bathrooms are already empty. I only bought them a week ago, and your dad and I haven’t used much of it ourselves. As far as I know you are the only other person who has been at home.”
3) Make it safe. Your loved one may become defensive during your crucial conversations less because of what you’re saying than because of why they think you’re saying it. Here are three steps to help them feel safe in the conversation:
4) Discuss, agree on, and stick with boundaries. If you talk about rules and expectations before he or she is tempted to make bad choices, it is much easier to enforce them later. Then, when boundaries are violated, hold your loved one accountable consistently. If it’s a boundary, it should always be a boundary.
5) Evaluate the dialogue. You’re aiming for a two-way, face-to-face conversation that gives your loved one room to disagree with you and communicate a different point-of-view. After the conversation, ask yourself who did most of the talking. If your loved one didn’t do at least 25% of it, you didn’t ask enough questions—or didn’t create enough safety to allow them to participate fully.
American Rehab Centers Recommends Adult & Teen Challenge
American Rehab Centers recommends Adult & Teen Challenge rehabs for recovery from substance abuse due to the length of time these programs give women to allow them to get past their addiction. It takes a good year of abstinence in a controlled environment for a woman to get past her addictions. Most other rehab programs are not able to give that much time and attention to the addict or are too costly for most people to afford over an extended period of time.
San Antonio, TX Adult & Teen Challenge is a nonprofit, affordable and effective residential program for adult women who are struggling with addictions. We provide holistic addiction and alcoholism treatment through a long-term residential experience with daily education, counseling, mentoring, and vocational training.
In a safe, single-gender, and encouraging environment in our women’s center in San Antonio, our team works with each individual, showing them the way toward a more fulfilling life based on God’s forgiveness, love and purpose.
For 60 years, the Adult & Teen Challenge treatment and recovery model has proven to be highly effective for all addictions, bringing about maturity, honesty, humility, care, and total life change that lasts.
CALL NOW to learn more about San Antonio Women’s Rehab center: (210) 319-1325
Source: Joseph Grenny, author of the New York Times bestseller, Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High
“Adult & Teen Challenge is one of the most successful programs in our country.”
“Adult & Teen Challenge works. It is effective; it is literally changing the lives of young Americans from every walk of life.”
“Adult & Teen Challenge has a far better record of dealing with people in difficulty than do the bureaucrats.”
“I truly admire Adult & Teen Challenge because of its loving, life-giving assistance to individuals who are bound by life-controlling addictions.”
“Adult & Teen Challenge offers hope and restoration to individuals.”
“I have not seen a more effective organization in leading hurting people to life transformation.”
“Adult & Teen Challenge offers hope and restoration.”
“Adult & Teen Challenge is doing the job that others only talk about.”
San Antonio Adult and Teen Challenge Centers are long-term addiction treatment and recovery programs in San Antonio that are free or low cost, serving addicted or alcoholic women from San Antonio, TX.